Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Last week I volunteered at the NXNE (North by North East) Festival in the interactive and film portions of the event.  It was really fun and I met some really cool people there.  The interactive days were very similar to FITC in type of presentations and panels.  My interest in the National Film Board of Canada and a dream of producing animated shorts that help spread awareness on things like human rights and other good causes was addressed in a few of the sessions I saw there.  I heard about youphonics.com and obtained access to try it out.  No doubt I'll be blogging again if it's as cool as it sounds. 

Out of the film area I most enjoyed the films Year of the Carnivore and Suck.  Both were very funny and with director in attendance.  It was good to talk with some of them after the show.  There was an after party for all the volunteers before the main party and more chance to network.

All of the great people that coordinated and helped to make it run smoothly were pretty awesome at what they do.  I'm looking forward to next year.

No comments: